Players often wonder if you can really win money by playing with casino bonuses. There are barely any days that go by where you hear about a jackpot winner who swooped up a top prize on his last spin.
It only comes naturally that players wonder if casino bonuses are worth all the hype. Keep on reading to learn more about whether casino bonuses are worth their salt.
Knowing the mechanics of slot games and table games should also help safeguard your bankroll.
What are casino bonuses and making money with casino bonuses?
Casino bonuses come in different shapes and forms, but usually entail match deposit bonuses, free spins promotions or no deposit bonuses.
These can be explained as follows:
- Match deposit bonuses: Your deposit is boosted by a match percentage as offered by the casino.
- Free spins promotions: You receive a number of free spins on a qualifying online slot once you make a minimum deposit.
- No deposit bonuses: A bonus that is provided to players who sign up for a casino account without requiring a deposit.
One of the most important things to know when it comes to casino bonuses is to understand the basics. All bonuses have a value attached to them regardless of whether they are claimed by making a deposit or not.
Usually, the devil is in the detail, and in this case, it comes down to the terms and conditions attached to any bonuses. These include:
- Wagering requirements: The number of times you would need to wager your bonus before it is converted from bonus funds into real money.
- Caps on winnings: Once you’ve met the playthroughs, the casino might impose a cap on winnings that are withdrawable.
- Maximum betting: Once you are using a bonus, you can only place bet sizes as dictated by the terms and conditions.
Are winning bonuses a myth?
In short, no. As we have mentioned in the previous point, you need to be wary of the terms and conditions and what to watch out for.
For example, a bonus that has a 5x wagering requirement offers you a better chance of converting your bonus into real money, than one that is 200x.
If you have a good bankroll management system in place, you have a good chance of extending gameplay, but it is crucial that you play smart.
You should pick games with a high RTP and make sure that the games you are playing are not exempt from wagering contributions. There are plenty of slot games that have a high RTP that can help boost your chances of meeting the playthroughs. Failing to pay attention to small but significant details, can cost you in the long run.